Effective date: 06/28/2023
Coyote Logistics, LLC and its affiliated companies and properties, including its Netherlands affiliate, Coyote Logistics Nederland B.V. (collectively, “Coyote”, “we”, “us”, “our”), respect your concerns about privacy and provide this notice explaining how we collect, use and disclose information when customers inquire about, use or purchase our products and services, and when carriers, drivers, warehouse personnel and distributors inquire about or move loads for or do business with Coyote.
The Policy does not apply to Coyote employees or job applicants, or to Personal Information collected through the Coyote Go or Coyote BazMo mobile app for Coyote employees.
In addition, we are not responsible for the information collection, use, disclosure or security policies or practices of other organizations, such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Apple, Google, Microsoft, Blackberry or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including with respect to any Personal Information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with our apps.
THE INFORMATION COYOTE COLLECTS
Personal Information about Customers
In the course of inquiring about or using Coyote’s Services, including registering on or using our websites (or downloading or using our mobile apps), you may be asked for, among other things, the following Personal Information: your name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number, fax number, business contact information, communication preferences and other registration information.
Coyote may also request payment information that, in some cases, may constitute Personal Information.
In addition, Coyote may obtain market data on customers and potential customers from third-party sources; this information may include limited Personal Information, such as contact details of company representatives.
Personal Information about Carriers/Drivers
In the course of inquiring about or moving loads, or registering on or using our Services, you may be asked for, among other things, the following Personal Information: your name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number, business contact information, docket information, carrier number, truck/equipment type, other registration information, driver’s license information, social security number, driver history, passport information, insurance information, and service profile information. Drivers may use our mobile apps to submit images of paperwork such as invoices and bills of lading and to search for available load requests based on the driver’s location and to confirm load acceptance; this information may, in some cases, constitute Personal Information. Coyote also obtains basic carrier information from public or other third-party sources; this information may include Personal Information, such as contact details of carrier representatives, as well as carrier insurance information.
In addition, drivers provide status updates (including location) about Coyote loads they are moving. Such status updates may be provided to Coyote (in various ways as further described under “Collection and Use of Location Data,” below).
Personal Information about Personnel of Warehouses/Distributors
Personnel of warehouse facilities used in connection with Coyote loads and of distributors of Coyote’s customers may be asked for the following Personal Information when they register on our Services: name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number, business contact information, and other registration information.
Coyote may also collect certain technical information when you visit or use our Services, including device information (such as the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using, and regional and language settings), your Internet Protocol (IP) address and the domain name of your Internet service provider, aggregate data about the number of visits to a site or service, and/ or aggregate data about the pages visited. Where IP addresses or other technical information are deemed Personal Information under local law, Coyote will treat this information as Personal Information. We may combine information we receive online with other information you have provided to us and with information from other sources to improve our knowledge of you, to help us provide quality service and to provide and customize our products and services. Where we combine non-personally identifiable online information with Personal Information, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
HOW COYOTE USES THE INFORMATION
We and our service providers use Personal Information for legitimate business purposes, including:
- To provide the functionality of the Services;
- To provide the Services;
- To coordinate with shippers, consignees, carriers, drivers, warehouses, distributors and other supply-chain participants on the dispatch and delivery of loads;
- To tender loads to carriers;
- To accept requests to arrange transportation of shipments from customers;
- To track, text (SMS) message, call, and provide updates on or relating to the status and location of loads;
- To create and manage accounts (including online accounts);
- To perform auditing, invoicing, and reconciliation activities;
- To process claims received in connection with our services;
- To provide support to customers and carriers;
- To respond to inquiries, requests, questions and comments;
- To communicate by email, mobile text (SMS) messaging, push notification, telephone call or other means;
- To assist in the development of new products, services, website and apps and/or the improvement of our existing products, services, websites and apps;
- To protect the security or integrity of our products or services, and/or to enforce the terms governing their use;
- To detect and protect against safety threats or destruction of property, including threats to our IT systems and other assets;
- To detect and protect against fraud, criminal activity and other legal liabilities;
- To evaluate and improve our business operations and business intelligence, including our ability to address customer needs;
- To analyze for business reporting;
- To provide personalized services; and
- To ease use of our products, services, websites and apps by eliminating the need to re-enter information.
We engage in activities to manage our relationship with you, such as:
- To provide you with marketing materials at your request;
- To process and collect payments and to make payments; and
- To offer products or services that may be of interest at your request.
We engage in certain activities with your consent (where required by applicable law), including:
- To display website content customized to customer interests and preferences; and
- To obtain feedback and to support and enhance our sales, marketing and advertising efforts.
We also use Personal Information to comply with applicable law and our policies, and to cooperate with government officials or parties in litigation under process of law or regulation, or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
We may aggregate and/or anonymize Personal Information so that it will no longer be considered Personal Information. We do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any purpose, including, without limitation, to generate reporting and to improve the design and content of our products, services, websites and apps, and Coyote may share this data with third-parties.
COLLECTION AND USE OF LOCATION DATA
Coyote tracks the location of its shipper customers’ loads to help ensure a smooth delivery. Coyote makes available different ways for carriers and drivers to choose to provide location updates on the Coyote loads they are moving.
- By telephone calls, text messages, or website entries.
- Through electronic logging devices.
- Through connection to the carrier’s transportation management system or otherwise by the carrier, to provide location data of their drivers when they are moving loads for Coyote.
- Through the use of the CoyoteGO app – Drivers who download the CoyoteGO app may agree to allow Coyote to track loads they are carrying. To agree, the driver must enable location services for the app in their phone’s system preferences. The app also enables drivers to search more efficiently for new loads that are available from Coyote. If a driver opts into the collection of location data, the app will provide Coyote regular updates on the driver’s location from the earlier of (i) the time the driver is dispatched to pick up the load to delivery confirmation or (ii) four (4) hours prior to the scheduled pick-up time, using location data from the driver’s mobile phone. The load must be marked as delivered in Coyote’s systems to stop the continued collection of location data. The driver may mark the load as delivered in the app, or the driver may call their carrier representative or the toll-free number 1-877-6-COYOTE to tell Coyote that the load has been delivered. If the load is not marked as delivered in Coyote’s systems, the app will continue to track location up to 48 hours after the scheduled delivery date. The driver may opt out of the collection of location data at any time through their phone’s systems preferences by disabling the app from accessing their phone’s location data. addition, as noted above, to stop the collection of a particular load’s location, the load must be marked as delivered in Coyote’s systems.
- Through the use of a third-party app – Drivers who download a third-party app may agree to allow Coyote to track loads they are carrying. To agree, the driver must enable location services for the app in their phone’s system preferences. If a driver opts into the collection of location data, the app will provide Coyote regular updates on the driver’s location, from a three-hour period leading up to the scheduled pick-up time, for the duration of the shipment, and, if the load has not been marked as delivered in Coyote’s systems, for up to 48 hours after the scheduled drop-off time. Coyote stops collecting location information from the app once the load is marked as delivered in Coyote’s systems. The driver may call their carrier representative or the toll-free number 1-877-6-COYOTE to tell Coyote that the load has been delivered. The driver may opt out of the collection of location data at any time through their phone’s systems preferences, by disabling the app from accessing their phone’s location data.
- Through load photos, provided by a driver through a Coyote or third-party app. Once downloaded by a driver, the app prompts the driver to take a photo of the trailer at load pick-up and then again at delivery. The photo’s metadata provides the load’s locations at those two points in time.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
By using the Services, you may also elect to disclose Personal Information.
We may also disclose Personal Information, as necessary or appropriate, to comply with applicable law or regulations, including laws outside your country of residence; to cooperate with public and government authorities including law enforcement; to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim; or, as otherwise permitted or required by law.
In addition, Coyote may disclose or transfer Personal Information to a third party in connection with any reorganization, joint venture, assignment or other disposition of all or any part of our business, assets, or stock, or if Coyote or a Coyote affiliate is acquired in whole or in part by or merged with another company. Such third parties may include, for example, an acquiring entity and its advisors.
ACCESS AND CHOICES
You may review and edit online contact details and certain other Personal Information you have provided when using our Services. We encourage you to make sure your contact details and other Personal Information are up-to-date.
Coyote may send you communications by email, mobile text (SMS) messaging, telephone calls, or push notification. You may opt out of such communications as described below. We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you use certain Coyote services, you may not opt out of mandatory service or administrative communications that are part of certain Coyote services and are necessary for the performance of such services. For customer care assistance with communications preferences, e-mail us at email@example.com.
Coyote may send emails to customers (including their employees) that promote the same kinds of products and services Coyote is presently providing them, or similar kinds of Coyote products and services that may be of interest to them. You may opt out from receiving further promotional emails by following the instructions included in these emails.
SMS Text Messaging
Certain Coyote Services utilize SMS text messaging. For example, we may use text messaging for general service notifications or for mobile phone tracking services. Before you receive any text messages from Coyote, you will be notified about our use of text messaging and asked for your consent. When you use these services you may be subject to messaging and data charges from your wireless carrier, depending on your wireless data plan and rates. Please note that carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
To cancel receipt of text messages from Coyote, you may reply STOP or HIDE to any message received from Coyote.
To obtain help for the text messaging services associated with Coyote, you may contact Coyote at 1-800-455-8753 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participating Carriers in our text messaging service include, but are not limited to: nTelos, Cellcom, Cellsouth, Carolina West, AT&T, MetroPCS, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular, Sprint, Google Voice, Boost, Virgin Mobile and Verizon Wireless. Carriers are not liable for lost or undelivered messages.
Drivers and customers using a Coyote app may receive messages from Coyote by push notifications delivered within the app. In order for app users to receive such notifications, push notification service must be enabled for the app concerned via the mobile phone’s system preferences. By enabling push notification service for the app, you consent to receive push notifications delivered within the app. App users may opt out at any time by disabling the app from sending such notifications via the mobile phone’s system preferences and/or by setting up and managing preferences within the app to receive push notifications.
You may incur data charges from your wireless carrier for push notifications, depending on your wireless data plan and rates.
Coyote has implemented administrative, technical and organizational security measures designed to help protect your Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
STORAGE AND RETENTION
The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Services to you (for example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using the Services);
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them); or
- Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
IP ADDRESSES, COOKIES, AND OTHER INFORMATION
THIRD PARTY ADVERTISING
We use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may be of interest to you when you access and use the Services and other websites or online services. Third parties may collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different Web sites when you use our Web site or service.
Unless we request it, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Services or otherwise to us.
USE OF SERVICES BY MINORS
Residents in the United States and North America may contact us at:
Coyote Logistics, LLC
2545 W. Diversey Ave. Chicago, IL 60647
United States of America
Residents in Europe may contact us at:
Coyote Logistics Nederland B.V.
De Schakel 14
5651 GH Eindhoven
Coyote Logistics Nederland B.V. is the controller of Personal Information collected from EEA residents:
Coyote Logistics Nederland B.V.
De Schakel 14
5651 GH Eindhoven
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, we may transfer the personal information we collect about you to countries other than the country in which the information originally was collected, that have not been found by the European Commission to provide adequate protection, including the United States.
Data Subject Rights
If you are an EEA resident, you have rights as a data subject under applicable data protection law. You may exercise these rights, in accordance with applicable law, free of charge unless the request is unfounded, excessive, or otherwise unreasonable, for instance because it is repetitive. In some situations, we may refuse to act or may impose limitations on your rights, as permitted by law.
Your Personal information rights include:
- the right to request access to your Personal Information;
- the right to receive a copy of your Personal Information for purposes of transmitting it to another company;
- the right to have your Personal Information corrected or erased/deleted or restricted;
- the right to withdraw any consent you have provided to our processing of your Personal Information; and
- the right to object to our processing of your Personal Information, including profiling.
Please note that you also have the right under applicable data protection law to lodge a complaint about our processing of your Personal Information with a data protection supervisory authority.
Additional Notice for California and Virginia Consumers
This part of our privacy notice applies to consumers who reside in the State of California or the State of Virginia. We provide our services and this website to other businesses. Thus, we rarely, if ever, directly collect, disclose, or sell the personal information of California or Virginia consumers under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) or the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (VCDPA), respectively. However, if you are a California or Virginia consumer who believes we may have collected personal information about you, please note the following, including information about your rights under California law or Virginia law.
Personal Information We Collect
We describe the personal information we have collected in the 12 months preceding the effective date above in “The Information Coyote Collects”. The information we have obtained includes the following categories of personal information:
(A) Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers (e.g., if you register an account with us).
(B) Personal information described in Cal. Civ. Code Section 1798.80(e) (California Customer Records statute). This means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with a particular individual, including, the “identifiers” listed in the preceding bullet point A, and the following: physical characteristics or description in the form of photographs or images if you visit our premises or if needed to facilitate access to other facilities, state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information.
(C) Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as race, color, religion, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical conditions, military or veteran status, national original, and more.
(D) Commercial information, including (1) records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered from Coyote, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies, (2) information provided to us regarding the content of certain shipments, but only to the extent an identifiable person can be linked to such content, (3) information on actions taken on Coyote websites or mobile apps, which may include information about Coyote services considered, and (4) information about consumer preferences and behavior that we collect on our websites and mobile apps or purchase from third parties in order to target consumers for digital advertisements or to personalize content we deliver on our websites and mobile apps.
(E) Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with Coyote or its affiliates’ websites and mobile applications, or advertisements that we display on Coyote websites or mobile apps or on third party sites and apps.
(F) Geolocation data (e.g., when you opt-in to location tracking services which Coyote makes available to you).
(G) Audio information from calls placed with customer service and accounting centers which may be recorded, and electronic information in the form of Internet or other electronic network activity information as described above. Coyote may also collect other visual information in the form of video of our premises or photographic or video evidence collected as part of accident investigations.
(H) Professional or employment-related information in the form of business contact information such as name, company name, physical address and email address and telephone or fax number.
(I) Education information, defined as information that is not publicly available personally identifiable information as defined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99).
(J) Inferences drawn from (1) the information we collect when you visit our websites, use our apps, or interact with Coyote-related tools, widgets or plug-ins or our official social media pages, (2) information we collect, including through affiliates and third-party suppliers, regarding content and other data posted on the Internet (such as public locations on the Internet), and (3) information about consumer preferences and behavior that we collect on our websites and mobile apps or purchase from third parties in order to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, predispositions, behavior, and attitudes.
(K) Sensitive personal information such as account login information allowing access to an account, and precise geolocation data, in each case as further described above in the relevant categories.
We obtain personal information from a variety of sources. These sources include: individuals with whom we or our service providers interact, with respect to both online and offline interactions such individuals may have with us or our service providers; other entities who transact with or act as representatives or agents for such individuals; the devices used to access our websites, mobile applications, and online services; third party partners such as marketing and analytics providers; carriers; drivers; shippers; consignees and other customers, including customers of our broker and logistics services; the personnel of warehouses and distributors; and others consistent with this Privacy Notice.
Disclosure of Personal Information for Monetary or Other Valuable Consideration or for Business Purposes
Within the last 12 months, we have not disclosed personal information of California consumers to other businesses or third parties for monetary or other valuable consideration as a data “sale” under California or Virginia law. We do not disclose personal information of individuals we know to be under the age of 16 to businesses or third parties for monetary or other valuable consideration as a “sale” of personal information as defined under California or Virginia law or for cross-context behavioral advertising as the “sharing” of personal information as defined under California law. without affirmative authorization.
Within the last 12 months, we have disclosed information in all or substantially all of the above categories of information (A-K) for our business purposes. To learn more about the categories of third parties with whom we share such information, please see above, “How Coyote Uses the Information”.
Use of Personal Information:
We use the personal information we collect for the business purposes disclosed within this Privacy Notice. For further information, please see above, “How Coyote Uses the Information”. The business purposes for which we may use personal information about California and/or Virginia consumers include:
- Auditing related to counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with this specification and other standards;
- Helping to ensure security and integrity to the extent the use of a consumer’s personal information is reasonably necessary and proportionate for these purposes;
- Debugging to identify and repair errors in our systems;
- Short-term, transient use including non-personalized advertising shown as part of a consumer’s current interaction with us; and
- Providing services on our behalf or on behalf of another, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, fulfilling transactions, verifying identity information, processing payments, and other services. This includes:
- Conducting internal research to develop and demonstrate technology; and
- Conducting activity to verify, enhance, and maintain the quality or safety of services or devices which we may own, control, or provide.
We may also use the information we collect for our own or our service providers’ other operational purposes, purposes for which we provide additional notice, purposes disclosed elsewhere in this Policy or for purposes compatible with the context in which the personal information was collected.
Coyote does not use sensitive personal information for purposes that would give rise to a right to limit the use or disclosure of sensitive personal information for residents of California.
Your Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of a U.S. state that has enacted a comprehensive consumer data privacy law, you may have one or more of the following rights related to your personal information. We will honor requests received to the extent required by applicable law and within the time provided by law. You may exercise these rights free of charge except as otherwise permitted under applicable law.
- Right to Delete. You have the right to request that we delete personal information that we have collected about you. Please note if you have requested a service that requires the use of your personal information, we may not be able to provide that service if you choose to delete your personal information.
- Right to Correct. You have the right to request that we correct inaccurate personal information that we have collected about you.
- Right to Know. You have the right to request that we disclose to you the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you. Specifically, you have the right to request that we disclose what personal information we have collected, used, disclosed, including:
- Whether we are processing personal information about you;
- Specific pieces of information that we have collected about you;
- Categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- Categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
- Categories of third parties to whom we disclose personal information;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing personal information;
- Categories of personal information about you, if any, that we have sold or shared and the categories of third parties to whom we have sold or shared the information, by category or categories of personal information for each category of third party to whom we sold or shared the personal information; and
- Categories of personal information about you that we disclosed for a business purpose and the categories of recipients to whom we disclosed the information for a business purpose.
As used above, “sale,” “sold,” “selling,” “shared,” “sharing” have the meanings provided in the U.S. state comprehensive consumer data privacy laws.
- Right to Opt Out. You have the right to opt out of the disclosure of personal information about you for monetary or other valuable consideration, the sharing of personal information about you for cross-context behavioral advertising, targeted advertising, and profiling. To opt-out, follow the instructions provided below under “Requests to Exercise Your Rights.”
If we receive and are able to process a signal from your device indicating your preference to opt out from sales or sharing of personal information as defined by law, then we will apply that preference to personal information we collect from that device, provided that we may not be able to associate the signal to the same device if:
- you use a different web browser or other tool to interact with us,
- you make changes to your browser (e.g., uninstall or reinstall or certain types of upgrades) that impact our ability to associate the device with the signal your device originally sent, or
- you clear cookies or browser data from your browser or device in a way that impacts our ability to associate the device with the signal your device originally sent.
Please note that a signal sent from one device will not apply to other devices you use or to data that we collect from you through other sources.
- Right to Appeal. If we decline to take action on a request that you make in accordance with the foregoing to exercise the foregoing privacy rights, then you may appeal our decision by submitting an appeals request to Coyote via the following email address: email@example.com.
Request to Exercise Your Rights
You may request to exercise these rights by:
- Calling us toll-free at 1-800-455-8753,
- Completing our rights request form
For requests made in connection with the Right to Know, Right to Correct, and/or Right to Delete, please note that, as required or permitted under applicable law, we may take steps to verify your request before we can provide personal information to you, correct, or delete personal information, or otherwise process your request. To verify your request, we may require you to provide your name, physical address, email address, contact information, and information about your account or previous transactions with us. If we believe we need further information to verify your request as required by law, we may ask you to provide additional information to us.
We will deliver personal information that we are required by law to disclose to you in the manner required by law within 45 days after receipt of a request, unless we notify you that we require additional time to respond, in which case we will respond within such additional period of time required by law. We may deliver the personal information to you through your account, if you maintain an account with Coyote, or electronically or by mail at your option. If electronically, then we will deliver the information to you or, at your request, to another entity, in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format that allows you to transmit the information from one entity to another without hindrance.
You may designate an authorized agent to request any of the above rights on your behalf. You may make such a designation by providing the agent with written permission, signed by you, to act on your behalf. Your agent may contact us via the information provided in the “How to Contact Us” section below to make a request on your behalf. Even if you choose to use an agent, we may, as permitted by law, require:
- The authorized agent to provide proof that the consumer gave the authorized agent signed permission to submit the request;
- The consumer to verify their identity directly with the business;
- The consumer to directly confirm with us that they provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request.
Subject to applicable law, we may not discriminate against you because of your exercise of any of the above privacy rights, or any other rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act or the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act, including by:
- Denying you goods or services;
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties;
- Providing you a different level or quality of goods or services; or
- Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
We may, however, charge different prices or rates, or provide a different level or quality of goods or services, if that difference is reasonably related to the value provided to us by your personal information. We may limit our response to your exercise of the above rights as permitted under applicable law.
Your personal information will not be stored for longer than necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or as required under applicable retention policies and/or in accordance with applicable law. Our retention policies reflect local statute of limitation periods and national statutory obligations of Coyote.
Do Not Track
Please note that our Web sites and mobile apps are not designed to respond to “do not track” requests from Web browsers.
Metrics regarding Privacy Requests (California)
Please see the chart below for metrics relating to our handling of data subject rights requests in the period from January 1, 2022, to December 31, 2022.
|Type of Request||Number of Requests Received||Number of Requests Complied With (in whole or in part)||Number of Requests Denied*||Mean Days to Substantive Response|
|Requests to Know||0||0||0||2 business days|
|Requests to Delete||2||1||1||1 business day|
|Requests to Opt-Out||0||0||0||1 business day|
|Do Not Sell My Personal Information||14||5||9||1 business day|
[*Coyote Logistics fulfills requests only when a Data Subject verifies their identity]
RESPONSIBLE FOR THE TREATMENT OF PERSONAL DATA
COYOTE LOGISTICS DE MÉXICO, S.A. DE C.V., and Coyote Logistics, LLC. (hereinafter jointly identified as “COYOTE”), with domicile located at: Eugenia 189 Eje 5 Sur, Col. Narvarte Oriente, Ciudad de México, C.P. 03020, pursuant with the provisions of the Federal Law for the Protection of Personal Data held by Particulars (The Law) and its regulations, inform you that:
The personal data to be treated by COYOTE are: name, phone number and e-mail address, Federal Taxpayer ID, position, bank account information and location of devices during provision of services.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA
COYOTE will collect and treat certain sensitive data. Such sensitive personal data is the one related with bank details.
COYOTE undertakes that personal data will be treated with strict security and confidentiality.
PURPOSE OF THE TREATMENT OF PERSONAL DATA
Personal Data held by COYOTE will be used for the following purposes:
Purposes necessary for the maintenance of service relationship with the owner of the data.
- Render or supply, or receipt of, goods and services.
- Compliance with Service Agreement and payment obligations, if applicable
- Support the information in the Service Agreement.
- Compliance with the applicable legal provisions.
- Keep COYOTE’s records and files updated.
- Compliance with all the obligations derived from the relationship, including those provided by tax regulations and the ones derived from the service agreement, when applicable, even after the relationship has concluded.
- Coordination of payments, invoicing and collections.
- Make invitations to activities and events;
- Marketing and advertising activities;
- Offer products and services, and
- Statistics and market analysis.
In the event that owners do not wish COYOTE to treat their personal data for the purposes set forth in the section titled “Other purposes” above, they may express their denial by giving notice to the Responsible of Personal Data of COYOTE and, and sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The personal data can be transferred to any of the affiliates of COYOTE, service providers such as accountants, lawyers of COYOTE, third parties interested in investing, acquiring or participating in COYOTE’s activities, third party beneficiaries when a court order is issued. Transfers can be done in Mexican territory and abroad to COYOTE related companies.
Owner consent is not necessary when transfers are done to COYOTE’s same corporate group, when transfers are necessary to comply with the obligations derived from the relationship with COYOTE, including those surviving the conclusion of the service relationship.
MEASURES TO PROTECT PERSONAL DATA
To prevent access and non-authorized use of personal data and to ensure that data is only used for the purposes established in this Privacy Notice, COYOTE has established physical, electronic and management methods to avoid the use or disclosure of the personal data, allowing COYOTE to treat it adequately.
MEANS TO PROMOTE ARCO APPLICATIONS
To begin with an ARCO Application, the owner of the Personal Data must submit an application addressed to the responsible party at the address given at the beginning or to the email email@example.com including the following information:
- Name of the personal data owner.
- Address of the owner or address where the owner can be reached for an answer and follow up with the application.
- Document proving the identity of the data owner.
- Description of personal data to which an ARCO right is intended to be exercised.
- Any other element that allows identification of personal data regarding the application.
MECHANISMS AND PROCEEDINGS FOR CONSENT REVOCATION
At any time the owners of personal data may express their denial for the treatment of their personal data by written notice sent to COYOTE’s address or to firstname.lastname@example.org. In any case, said application must clearly detail the data or purposes for such denial.
OPTIONS AND MEANS TO LIMIT THE USE OR DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
The owners of personal data have the right to limit the use and disclosure of their personal data with a written request sent to COYOTE’s address or to email@example.com.
The request will be answered in a maximum term of twenty calendar days, following the receipt of confirmation of the request and the response regarding the feasibility will be sent to the email given by the applicant for those purposes. The process is free, but not the copies and delivery of documents.
INFORMATION OBTAINED BY REMOTE OR LOCAL MEANS OF ELECTRONIC AND OPTIC COMMUNICATION
Coyote collects and stores information by access to its website, information of IP address/ domain name, websites that refer to the site, behavior and time of stay in the website, pages navigated, tools used, zip code, type of navigator and operation system, among others.
Such information is obtained and stored with the purpose of mediating the activity in the website and identifying the tendencies of navigation that are not attributable to a specific individual.
Such information described above, is collected by the “cookies” as well as other means and technological mechanisms, such as pixel labels, web bugs, links in emails, web beacons (Internet labels, pixel labels and clear GIFs) among others.
AMENDMENTS TO THE PRIVACY NOTICE
COYOTE keeps the right to make amendments or updates at any moment to this Privacy Notice, in compliance with legal amendments, internal policies or new requirements. Such amendments will be notified through the following means:
- Visible notice in COYOTE’s offices;
- Through email to the email address given by the owner;
- Communication from any officer of COYOTE.
It will be the owner’s responsibility to review this Privacy Notice and its amendments. The lack of expression of non-conformity on the part of the owner regarding the terms and conditions of this instrument represent adhesion, consent and authorization for such.
If you consider that your right to personal data protection has been harmed by any behavior of our staff or our actions, you can make us aware of that situation.